From milestone surgeries to new investments, here are seven robotics headlines from the last month:
1. The first robot-assisted hip replacement using the Rosa hip system was completed at Honolulu Spine Center.
2. Medical University of South Carolina's Charleston division added Medronic's Mazor X robot and O-arm mobile X-ray system.
3. Yale New Haven (Conn.) Hospital's St. Raphael Campus will add the Mazor X Stealth Edition robot for spine surgery.
4. With about $1 billion in cash on its balance sheet, Globus Medical is looking to explore strategic partnerships that could capitalize on some weaknesses in the medtech market, according to the company's first-quarter earnings call.
5. Multiple surgeons completed their 100th surgery with the ExcelsiusGPS robot: Andrew Kokkino, MD, Sravisht Iyer, MD, and Sarbpaul Bhalla, MD, and his son, Amandeep Bhalla, MD.
6. Medtronic saw record sales for its spine robots in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2022.
7. Merit Health Wesley hospital in Hattiesburg, Miss., expanded its robotic-assisted surgery system arsenal to include a robotic joint replacement system.