From a robotic surgery platform in space to a $21.3 million expansion, here are 12 robotic updates Becker's has reported on since July 5.
1. The Allegheny Health Network Neuroscience Institute in Pittsburgh completed its 1,000th case using Synaptive's Modus V robotic system.
2. Paris-based Ganymed Robotics raised $21.3 million for expansion in the U.S.
3. The 20th hospital in the country installed Globus Medical's Excelsius Ecosystem robotic spinal imaging and navigation system.
4. Zimmer Biomet and New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery have partnered to create a robotic joint replacement center.
5. The world's first miniaturized robotic-assisted surgery platform is set to be tested in space.
6. Globus Medical's imaging system, Excelsius 3D, was used in more than 150 procedures in the second quarter.
7. MicroPort Navibot received FDA clearance for its first robot-assisted platform for orthopedic use.
8. A surgeon at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse, Wis., performed the clinic's 1,000th robotic surgery.
9. Point Robotics MedTech's Point Kinguide received FDA 510(k) clearance.
10. eCential Robotics received 510(k) clearance for its robotic guidance spine system.
11. Johnson & Johnson plans to develop its own spine robot.
12. A physician at Durham, N.C.-based Duke University performed the first revision knee replacements using Smith+Nephew's Cori surgical system.