Six hospitals have reached notable milestones with surgical robots in the last 90 days.
1. Penn Highlands DuBois (Pa.) has performed 200 robotic-assisted hip and knee replacements.
2. The Allegheny Health Network Orthopaedic Institute has completed more than 2,000 robotic-assisted hip and knee replacements with the Mako system at its Saint Vincent Hospital in Erie, Pa.
3. River's Edge Hospital in St. Peter, Minn. has performed 500 robot-assisted knee surgeries.
4. Meagen Fernandez, DO, has completed more than 200 robotic-assisted pediatric spine surgeries at Danville, Pa.-based Geisinger Musculoskeletal Institute.
5. Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk, Ohio, completed its 100th robotic-assisted total joint replacement in June.
6. Charles Kanaly, MD, performed the 500th robotic-assisted spine surgery at Saint Anne's Hospital in Fall River, Mass.