Newsweek ranked the best hospitals worldwide across five specialties in its "World's Best Specialized Hospitals 2021" list.
Newsweek partnered with Statista to form the rankings. They surveyed tens of thousands of medical professionals in two waves. The data was analyzed to create an overall reputation score for the hospitals.
Here are the top 10 U.S. orthopedic hospitals:
1. New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery
2. Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic
3. Baltimore-based The Johns Hopkins Hospital
4. Boston-based Massachusetts General Hospital
5. Chicago-based Northwestern Memorial Hospital
6. Boston-based Brigham and Women's Hospital
7. New York City-based NYU Langone Hospitals
8. Cleveland Clinic
9. Philadelphia-based Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
10. St. Louis-based Barnes-Jewish Hospital