Here are 42 orthopedic surgeons who recently joined new practices or added to their titles, as reported by Becker's since Oct. 2:
1. Sparrow Medical Group added Arjuna Cuddeback, DO, to its orthopedics practice in Charlotte, Mich.
2. Orlando (Fla.) Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute, the state's first orthopedic specialty hospital, added five orthopedic surgeons to its team: Andrew Carbone, MD; J. Dean Cole, MD; Elizabeth Jacobs, MD; Bruce Levy, MD; and Tracy Nogle, DO.
3. Nanovis, a creator of nanotechnology surface solutions for orthopedic, spine and dental applications, named three orthopedic surgeons to its scientific advisory board: Lowry Barnes, MD; Douglas Pahl, MD; and Brent Ponce, MD.
4. Michael Ast, MD, of New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery, was named chief medical officer of medtech company Ospitek.
5. Carl Hasselman, MD, joined WVU Medicine United Hospital Center in Bridgeport, W.Va.
6. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Holy Cross Health Medical Group added Razvan Nicolescu, MD, to its team of orthopedic surgeons.
7. James Hicks, MD, joined the Spine Institute team at Baldwin Bone & Joint in Daphne, Ala.
8. Wayne Weil, MD, was appointed chief of orthopedic surgery at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colo.
9. Phoenix-based OrthoArizona, which employs 70 musculoskeletal specialists, expanded its total joint service line with the addition of Robert Burnham Jr., MD.
10. Stewart Kerr, MD, joined Foundation Health Partners in Fairbanks, Alaska, to lead its recently-opened FHP Orthopedic & Spine Specialists clinic.
11. Donald Corenman, MD, joined Advanced Neurosurgery of Hawaii in Honolulu.
12. Megan Johnson, MD, was designated as the new program director for the Dorothy & Bryant Edwards Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics and Scoliosis at Dallas-based Scottish Rite for Children.
13. The Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee added orthopedic surgeon Preet Gurusamy, MD.
14. Atlanta-based Northside Hospital network added five orthopedic surgeons at its new practice in Snellville, Ga.: Todd Bonvallet, MD; Elan Golan, MD; William Moeller, MD; Robert Wood, MD; and Saif Zaman, MD.
15. Sunnyside, Wash.-based Astria Health added Zachary Tan, MD, to its team of orthopedic surgeons.
16. Oxford (Miss.) Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine added Tyler Ellis, MD, to its orthopedics team.
17. The Orthopaedic Group, based in Mobile, Ala., expanded its staff with the addition of Scott Glenzer, MD.
18. HCA Florida Aventura Hospital promoted Andrew Hiller, MD, to department chair of surgery.
19. Prosser (Wash.) Orthopedic Center added Geoffrey Higgs, MD, to its orthopedics team.
20. UPMC Williamsport (Pa.) added Jesse Torbert, MD, to its orthopedics team.
21. Daniel Sjoquist, MD, joined Green Bay, Wis.-based Bellin Health Sports Medicine and Orthopedics.
22. Professional Orthopaedic Associates in Tinton Falls, N.J., added Gregory Parker, MD.
23. Memphis, Tenn.-based Campbell Clinic added four orthopedic specialists to its team: Joshua Brandon, MD; Christopher Holland, MD; Omar Medina, MD; and Austin Murphy, MD.
24. Jacksonville, Fla.-based Baptist Health added Michael Cohn, MD, to its orthopedic team.
25. Hendersonville, N.C.-based UNC Health Pardee added Hubert Gooch, MD, and Mark Moody, MD, to its orthopedic team at Southeastern Sports Medicine and Orthopedics.
26. Christopher Proctor, MD, joined medtech company Lazurite's medical advisory board.
27. Christopher Meyer, MD, was named president of Edina, Minn.-based Twin Cities Orthopedics.
28. The Portland Trail Blazers added orthopedic surgeon Evan Ellis, MD, to their treatment team for the 2023-24 season.