The University of Alabama Medical Center's program in Birmingham was the orthopedic surgery residency program with the most Freida database interest in 2022, according to a March 9 report from the American Medical Association.
The Freida database allows medical students to search through more than 13,000 residency and fellowship programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
In 2022, orthopedic surgery residency programs on the platform received over 98,000 views cumulatively, with these 10 programs ranking at the top for user interest:
1. The University of Alabama Medical Center (Birmingham)
2. Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (Phoenix)
3. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (Little Rock)
4. University of Florida (Gainesville)
5. University of Colorado (Aurora)
6. Broward Health (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
7. Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital (Phenix City, Ala.)
8. Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital (Camden, N.J.)
9. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
10. University of Miami/Jackson Health System (Miami)