MD West One has been serving the Omaha, Neb., area for over 70 years. Here are nine things to know about the practice:
1. MD West One employs 24 orthopedic, spine and neurosurgeons.
2. MD West One has 17 physician assistants on-staff.
3. MD West One specializes in adult and pediatric neurosurgery.
4. MD West One has an orthopedic and spine urgent care center in Elkhorn, Neb.
5. MD West One has five offices locations in the state and is affiliated with 11 hospitals and ASCs where its physicians have admitting privileges.
6. MD West One was formed as a partnership between GIKK Ortho Specialists and Midwest Neurosurgery & Spine Specialists.
7. MD West One is the sponsor and strategic partner of an Elkhorn-based sports complex for youth sports.
8. In 2020, the physicians of Methodist Physicians Clinic Orthopedics joined MD West One.
9. Three of MD West One's surgeons will soon begin practicing at Shenandoah (Iowa) Medical Center.