NYU Langone Hospitals in New York City was rated the top hospital for neurology and neurosurgery for 2022 and 2023 by U.S. News & World Report.
The leaders of the top 10 hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery in 2022 and 2023:
1. NYU Langone Hospitals (New York City). John Golfinos, MD, chairs the department of neurosurgery for NYU Langone. He is also the co-director of the brain and spine tumor center. Dr. Golinos specializes in treating benign and cancerous tumors of the brain.
2. UCSF Health-UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco). S Andrew Josephson, MD, is a professor and chair of the department of neurology and neurosciences at UCSF. His research interests include improving inpatient neurological care and safety for hospitalized patients.
3. NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia and Cornell (New York City). E. Sander Connolly Jr., MD, and Philip E. Stieg, PhD, MD, chair the departments of neurological surgery at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University and Weill Cornell Medicine, respectively.
4. Rush University Medical Center (Chicago). Richard Byrne, MD, is the chair of Rush's department of neurosurgery. He has been with Rush since graduating in 1997. He specializes in brain tumor and epilepsy surgery trials.
5. John Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore). Henry Brem, MD, is the director of the department of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. His expertise is in acoustic neuromas, brain cancer, brain tumors and more. He also develops new tools and techniques, and invented the Gliadel wafers for intraoperatively delivering chemotherapy to brain tumors.
6. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.). Robert Spinner, MD, is the chair of the department of neurological surgery at Mayo's Minnesota campus. He has been the department chair since 2015. Dr. Spinner specializes in research on the formation and spread of nerve tumors.
7. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles). Keith Black, MD, is the chair of the department of neurosurgery at Cedars-Sinai. He specializes in targeted drug delivery and cancer vaccines. He is also a professor of neurosurgery.
8. Cleveland Clinic: Michael Steinmetz, MD, is the chairman of Cleveland Clinic's department of neurosurgery. He specializes in spine procedures, including spine reconstruction, cervical spine surgery, spinal instrumentation and deformity correction.
9. Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City). Joshua Bederson, MD, is the chair of the department of neurosurgery for Mount Sinai Health System. He is an expert in complex skull base and vascular neurosurgery, is a world-leader in developing advanced intraoperative applications of digital visualization technologies, and the founder of Mount Sinai BioDesign.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago). Maciej Lesniak, MD, is the chair of the department of neurological surgery for Northwestern. He focuses on treating patients with brain and spinal cord tumors.