Chesterton, Ind.-based Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute is a specialty orthopedic clinic serving patients across the state. Here are seven things to know about the practice.
1. The institute has eight locations in Northwest Indiana.
2. The institute opened its first facility in 1968 in Gary.
3. The institute is partnered with Northwest Health Lakeshore Surgicare, a Chesterton-based ASC.
4. The institute has over 150 employees across its eight locations.
5. Its founders include Albin Jahns, MD, Dale Olson, MD, and Paul Alvarez, MD.
6. Lakeshore Bone & Joint is the official care provider for Valparaiso (Ind.) University.
7. Two of its clinics provide walk-in orthopedic emergency services.