From a new spine certification to a best new technology award, here are seven orthopedic honors Becker's has reported on since Aug. 12.
1. UC San Diego Health received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Advanced Certification in Spine Surgery.
2. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons awarded 20 IDEA grants.
3. The North American Spine Society recognized two physicians and two researchers with its 2022 Recognition Awards.
4. Surgalign was awarded the 2022 Best New Spine Technology award from Orthopedics This Week for its guidance system.
5. William Harris, MD, was given a lifetime achievement award from the Orthopaedic Summit Evolving Techniques.
6. Brian Fiani, DO, received a 2022 resident achievement award from the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons.
7. Enovis was awarded the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons' Industry Innovation Award for its augmented reality system.