Stryker opened the OR of the Future, a model operating room, at its Flower Mound, Texas facility, the orthopedic devicemaker said Nov. 14.
Five things to know:
1. The model operating room lets customers conceptualize new OR design and technology. It's designed and integrated to enhance infection protection and boost cleanability.
2. The OR of the Future includes integrated software and equipment such as Stryker's iSuite and advanced digital healthcare portfolios.
3. Pre-built ceilings and walls aim to save time and cost during construction. The OR has future-proofed design elements, including modular wall panels for adding new technologies.
4. The OP has enhanced sterility with materials and methods, including laminar flow and the elimination of velcro, designed to support infection prevention.
5. Technology in the OR provides personalized patient care with continuous, actionable data and insights.