Here are five fast facts to know about Memphis, Tenn.-based Campbell Clinic:
1. Campbell Clinic was established when Dr. Willis Campbell opened the first clinic in 1909.
2. Dr. Campbell also authored Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics in 1939, the first orthopedics textbook that is still updated and used worldwide, with its 14th edition published in 2021.
3. The organization's footprint includes eight clinics, two surgery centers and seven physical therapy centers.
4. The organization's clinical team includes 62 physicians.
5. The Campbell Clinic Foundation funds orthopedic research and surgeon education through residencies and fellowships.
Editor's note: This article was updated Sept. 8 at 12:32 p.m. CT.