Sports medicine and orthopedic surgeon Peter DeLuca, MD, is joining RWJBarnabas Health and Rutgers Health in West Orange, N.J.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. DeLuca is affiliated with Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J., according to a Feb. 1 news release. He will join Jersey City (N.J.) Medical Center later this year.
2. He specializes in ACL reconstruction, shoulder labral repair, and other advanced arthroscopic knee and shoulder procedures.
3. Currently, he is also director of orthopedic surgery for the Philadelphia Flyers, a sports medicine consultant for the Philadelphia Phantoms and the NHL co-chair of the research committee.
4. Dr. DeLuca served as head team physician for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1997 to 2018 and was the NFC Pro Bowl team physician in 2002, 2003 and 2010. He was also an NHL consultant for the Sochi, Russia, Winter Olympics in 2014.
5. He received the Dick Vermeil Lifetime Achievement Award from the Otho Davis Scholarship for his work in sports medicine and was inducted into the Saint Peter’s University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2010.