The new orthopedics chair at Bethlehem, Pa.-based St. Luke’s University Health Network and four more orthopedic surgeons joined new practices or assumed new titles in November:
1. Cato Laurencin, MD, PhD, was appointed independent director of neuroscience company Alkermes' board of directors.
2. Edwin Tingstad, MD, is one of three physicians who will share the role of chief medical officer at Pullman (Wash.) Regional Hospital and Clinic Network. Dr. Tingstad is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician.
3. Douglas Lundy, MD, was named chair of the orthopedics department at Bethlehem, Pa.-based St. Luke’s University Health Network.
4. Michael Wilson, MD, was appointed chief medical officer at Auburn (N.Y.) Community Hospital.
5. Gregory Berlet, MD, was named chief medical officer of orthopedic fixation company Ossio.