The new CEO of a medical technology company and four more orthopedic surgeons who joined new practices or assumed new titles in October:
- James Benjamin Chen, MD, and Daniel Gittings, MD, recently joined the Hoag Orthopedic Institute in Irvine, Calif.
- Ross Budacki, MD, joined Providence, R,I.-based University Orthopedics.
- Craig Della Valle, MD, was elected second vice president of the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association.
- Chad Mathis, MD, was appointed CEO of Joplin, Mo.-based Vola Connected Health.
- Frank Schwab, MD, was named chair of orthopedic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.