Westerville-based Orthopedic One, the largest orthopedic practice in Central Ohio, was approved for one of the region's largest Paycheck Protection Program loans, according to Columbus Business Journal.
Five things to know:
1. Orthopedic One and two other entities were approved for PPP loans in the $5 million to $10 million range. The U.S. Small Business Administration database doesn't specify the exact amounts received.
2. The other recipients were Westerville-based Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians and Columbus-based Southeast Inc., which provides behavioral health and substance abuse care.
3. Orthopedic One, COPCP and Southeast each sought to retain at least 500 jobs.
4. In Central Ohio, physician practices outside of behavioral healthcare were approved for 127 loans. Home health agencies snagged the second-most approvals, at 113. There were 95 loans approved for the region's dental practices.
5. Of the 536 healthcare loans approved for Central Ohio businesses, just 11 percent totaled more than $1 million. Most were in the $150,000 to $350,000 range.