University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center named James Voos, MD, its orthopedic department chair.
Here are five takeaways:
1. Dr. Voos served as the orthopedic department's interim chair for the past eight months. He has been at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center since 2014.
2. As chair, Dr. Voos will oversee planning, growth and operational management of clinical activities as well as the resident teaching programs and research.
3. Dr. Voos is an associate professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland. Additionally, he is the Jack and Mary Herrick Endowed director of sports medicine at University Hospital Cleveland Medical Centers.
4. With a background in sports medicine, Dr. Voos serves as the Cleveland Browns' head team physician.
5. After earning his medical degree from Kansas City-based University of Kansas School of Medicine, Dr. Voos completed his residency and sports medicine fellowship at New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery.