Here are the top 25 hospitals for orthopedics, according to U.S News & World Report, 2018-19 Best Hospitals report.
1. Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City).
2. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.).
3. Cleveland Clinic.
4. Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals (Philadelphia).
4. Rush University Medical Center (Chicago).
6. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston).
7. UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco).
8. NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital (New York City).
9. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles).
10. Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore).
11. Duke University Hospital (Durham, N.C.).
12. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago).
13. Stanford (Calif.) Health Care-Stanford Hospital.
14. Barnes-Jewish Hospital (St. Louis).
14. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa City).
16. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside (Pittsburgh).
17. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix.
18. Santa Monica (Calif.)-UCLA Medical Center and Orthopedic Hospital.
19. Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (Philadelphia).
20. UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora).
21. University Hospital-Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor).
22. Keck Hospital of USC (Los Angeles).
23. Pennsylvania Hospital (Philadelphia).
24. Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak (Mich.).
24. New England Baptist Hospital (Boston).
UPDATE 8/14 at 12:04 p.m. CST: An earlier version of this list ranked the hospitals 1-25 without acknolwedging the ties between institutions. The article has been update to reflect the hospitals that were tied for rankings.