Morristown (N.J.) Medical Center named orthopedic surgeon and oncologist James Wittig, MD, chairman of orthopedic surgery.
Here are five insights:
1. Along with serving as Chairman, Dr. Wittig will serve as system-wide medical director of orthopedic oncology at Atlantic Health System in Morristown.
2. Dr. Wittig will be responsible for ensuring quality and successful operational performance across Atlantic Health System's six hospitals.
3. The orthopedic surgeon has more than 15 years of experience. He will continue serving in his clinical capacity at Morristown Medical Center.
4. Dr. Wittig is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons and Medical Society of New Jersey.
5. He has published more than 90 articles, reports and abstracts in various journals, including Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research and Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.