Mark Cohen, MD, of Chicago-based Rush University Medical Center received this year's Rush Excellence in Clinical Service Award, the Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush reports.
Here are five takeaways:
1. The award recognizes faculty who demonstrate continuous excellence in clinical care, leadership and scholarship.
2. Dr. Cohn is the author of more than 125 medical articles, 56 book chapters and a text book on hand and wrist injuries.
3. Serving as course chairman 45 times, Dr. Cohen has participated in more than 300 continuing education courses.
4. Dr. Cohen serves as director of the orthopedic hand and elbow department at Rush University and serves as director in orthopedic education.
5. Dr. Cohen is a member of 16 national and international medical societies and associations and has won various research, teaching and achievement awards.