Matthew Byington, DO, has joined Prairie Orthopaedics & Plastic Surgery in Lincoln, Neb., according to Lincoln Journal Star.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Byington is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and arthroscopy surgery.
2. Originally from Lincoln, Dr. Byington specializes in nonoperative and operative treatment of joint pain, sports-related injuries and knee, shoulder and elbow conditions.
3. Much of his work focuses on shoulder joint pain, rotator cuff tears, labrum injuries, instability and arthritis.
4. He previously practiced in Omaha and Fremont, Neb., and served as director of sports medicine at Fremont (Neb.) Health.
5. Dr. Byington also served as team physician for Fremont-based Midland University athletics.
More articles on orthopedics:
Orthopedic surgeon to know: Dr. Michael Kalisvaart of Reno Orthopaedic Clinic
Dr. Scott Wolfe awarded for wrist research — 4 observations
Dr. Brian McCardel named Sparrow's 2017 physician of the year — 4 details