Six orthopedic groups in Texas will merge to launch OrthoLoneStar in January 2021.
The groups are:
· W.B. Carrell Clinic in Dallas
· Texas Orthopaedic Associates in Dallas
· Fondren Orthopedic Group in Houston
· Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Houston
· Texas Orthopedics, Sports and Rehabilitation Associates in Austin
· Azalea Orthopedics in Tyler
The combined entity will have more than 150 physicians, over 40 locations and 1,000 employees, according to a Nov. 16 news release.
Bryan Williamson, MD, serves as medical director of OrthoLoneStar, which is 100 percent physician-owned.
The group's board of directors comprises fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons representing the founding divisions.