With a $1.45 billion investment from Ares Management, DuPage Medical Group is looking to expand its services and the number of physicians, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Here are five insights:
1. Currently, the group has a team of 800 providers and plans to grow to between 1,200 and 1,500. DuPage Medical Group is also considering expanding further beyond Illinois.
2. Along with adding more physicians, DuPage Medical Group plans to add services such as imaging, immediate care, physical therapy and oncology.
3. The investment will help the group stay independent as many physician groups across the country are being bought by hospitals.
4. The medical group will remain 100 percent physician owned and physicians will be able to co-invest with Ares Management.
5. Last year, DuPage Medical Group received a $250 million investment from the private equity firm Summit Partners. This was the group's largest investment prior to Ares Management.