A $12.4 million University of Texas System Clinical Data Network will establish integration between six UT health centers, according to Healthcare Informatics.
Here are five things to know:
1. The network will integrate patient data from the individual UT System institutions.
2. In the future, the network will potentially include affiliated hospitals and clinics as well as two new medical schools at UT Austin and UT Rio Grande Valley.
3. The School of Biomedical Informatics at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston will head the network.
4. Necessary technology infrastructure is already in place through the Clinical and Translation Science Awards programs at Houston-based UTHealth, Dallas-based UT Southwestern Medical Center, UTMB Galveston and San Antonio-based University of Texas Health Science Center.
5. Through data integration, the UT System hopes to enhance translational research, biomedical discovery, population health, medical training and clinical care.