The Joint Commission recognizes excellence in care at healthcare facilities. In 2022, the organization handed out multiple nods for spine and orthopedic care.
1. Front Royal, Va.-based Valley Health Warren Memorial Hospital earned the Gold Seal of Approval for total knee replacement and total hip replacement certification.
2. UNC Health Blue Ridge's spine center in Morganton, N.C., was awarded the Gold Seal of Approval.
3. Akron, Ohio-based Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center was recognized for disease-specific care.
4. Long Island Jewish Valley Stream (N.Y.) Hospital is the first hospital in the U.S. to receive all five orthopedic specialty certifications from The Joint Commission.
5. Hartford Healthcare St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport, Conn., earned advanced certification in spine surgery.