Daniel Shumate has been CEO at Germantown, Tenn.-based Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics for nine months.
Five things to know:
1. Mr. Shumate succeeded former CEO George Hernandez, who retired Jan. 1, 2021, according to Memphis Business Journal.
2. Mr. Shumate has worked with Campbell Clinic since November 2010, working as CFO, according to LinkedIn. He also succeeded Mr. Hernandez in that role.
3. In 2018, Mr. Shumate was named Orthopaedic Practice Professional of the Year by the American Association of Orthopedic Executives, according to a Facebook post from Campbell Clinic.
4. Before joining Campbell Clinic, he was chief administrative officer at Baton Rouge-based Louisiana Cardiology Associates.
5. He received a master's degree in health administration and an MBA at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.