Seven orthopedic practices in New Jersey are merging to form Ortho Alliance NJ.
1. The seven individual groups, listed below, will operate as divisions of Ortho Alliance NJ:
- Brielle Orthopedics in Brick
- Orthopedic Institute of Central Jersey in Manasquan
- Princeton Orthopaedic Associates in Princeton
- Ridgewood Orthopedic Group in Ridgewood
- Shore Orthopaedic University Associates in Somers Point
- Union County Orthopaedic Group in Clark
- University Orthopaedic Associates in Somerset
2. The partnership joins more than 100 physicians from the practices, which have more than 25 New Jersey locations. The physicians focus on general orthopedics, knee and hip surgery, pain management, total joint replacement and spine care, among other subspecialties.
3. Jeffrey Bechler, MD, chair of Ortho Alliance NJ, said the new entity is different from other large practices because it has a local community model. Physicians will maintain their existing office locations and contact information.
4. Joining together allows the physicians to stay independent while also meeting the needs of their patients. Physicians within the larger organization will share best practices for patient treatment, research and expertise.
"As an independent group practice, not affiliated with or owned by any healthcare system or hospital, Ortho Alliance NJ is uniquely positioned for growth based on our own vision forward, as we remain committed to innovating how we deliver the highest standards of care to our patients, while offering the latest technology and most advanced treatments available," said Stephen Zabinski, MD, president of Ortho Alliance NJ.