Auburndale, Mass.-based Atrius Health is integrating technology into its value-based care model through an affiliation with Firefly Health, a primary care and behavioral health provider, according to a Feb. 4 announcement.
1. Wellesley, Mass.-based Firefly Health primarily serves patients through a mobile app that connects patients to care teams via video.
2. Starting in February, Firefly Health will contract through Atrius Health's value-based partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, serving HMO and PPO patients.
3. The affiliation is meant to help Firefly Health's primary care providers collaborate with specialists from Atrius Health's 31 locations in eastern Massachusetts.
4. The collaboration applies to a range of specialties, including orthopedics, visual services and OB-GYN care.
5. Atrius Health is reportedly the largest nonprofit independent medical group in New England.