Brick, N.J.-based Brielle Orthopedics partnered with Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedic Institute, adding 14 orthopedic surgeons to the growing practice.
"We're delighted to partner with the extraordinary physicians of Brielle Orthopedics," said Alexander Vaccaro, MD, PhD, president of Rothman Institute. "They have an exceptional reputation in the eastern New Jersey and shore communities they serve. We look forward to a smooth transition for patients and bright future working together."
Here are five things to know:
1. Brielle Orthopedics includes four office locations in New Jersey. The practice's location in Manahawkin will be absorbed into Rothman's Manahawkin office.
2. As a result of the partnership, 14 orthopedic surgeons will join Rothman Institute. The surgeons joining Rothman include: Joseph Bogdan, MD, Raymond Esquieres, MD, William Gallagher, MD, Samantha Kanarek, DO, Brian Katt, MD, William Law, MD, Laura Malfitano, DO, Joseph Marsicano, MD, Michael Nakashian, MD, Jason Nitche, MD, James Polowczyk, MD, David Rodricks, MD, Thomas Sargent, DO, and Bruce Stamos, MD.
3. The partnership will be effective Dec. 10.
4. The Brielle Orthopedics at Rothman physicians will provide sports medicine, spine, joint replacement, general orthopedics and hand and wrist services. They will also offer physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as podiatry services.
5. Rothman Orthopaedic Institute now includes orthopedic surgeons who treat patients at 36 locations across Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.