At the end of the year, El Paso (Texas) Specialty Hospital will shut its doors, according to the El Paso Times.
Here are five details:
1. The spine and orthopedic specialty hospital attributed financial and operational challenges to the reason for its closure.
2. El Paso Specialty Hospital is owned by physicians who are part of the El Paso Specialty Group, El Paso's largest orthopedic group and Nashville, Tenn.-based Surgery Partners.
3. In August 2017, Surgery Partners acquired the former company that owned and operated the specialty hospital. Surgery Partners operates 125 surgical facilities across 32 states.
4. Other medical experts in the area cited competition as the reason the hospital is closing. El Paso Specialty Hospital had to compete with eight other surrounding hospitals and declining reimbursement rates.
5. This is the second hospital in El Paso to close this year. Complete Care Community Hospital shut its doors six months after opening.