Raleigh, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho and M3 Wake Research Associates partnered to create a joint venture.
Here are five things to know:
1. The joint venture will be known as M3-Emerging Medical Research. It is designed to expand clinical research from coast-to-coast.
2. M3 Wake Research was founded by a multispecialty group practice to conduct clinical research studies. The organization's database comprises more than 950,000 subjects with an integrated network of 15 research sites in seven states.
3. M3 Wake Research has a board of certified physicians who have completed more than 6,000 clinical trials in major therapeutic areas.
4. EmergeOrtho comprises more than 100 orthopedic specialty physicians who serve at 49 locations across North Carolina.
5. In 2016, EmergeOrtho was formed after four orthopedic practices teamed up.
“Clinical research like this allows patients to have access to new treatments that may be otherwise unavailable, and advances the care of all patients,” stated David Musante, MD, a spine surgeon at EmergeOrtho. “EmergeOrtho and Wake Research both have an established, successful track record of performing cutting-edge clinical research. Combining forces as M3-Emerging Medical Research will enable us to provide even greater opportunities for our patients’ health.”