Memphis, Tenn.-based Campbell Clinic began construction on a new facility on its Germantown, Tenn., campus.
Here are five key points.
1. The $30 million, 120,000 square foot facility will be a four-story medical office. Campbell Clinic is building it on a vacant five-acre parcel adjacent to its current Germantown location.
2. The four stories will be filled with outpatient orthopedic clinical space, expanded physical therapy and imaging suites and an ambulatory surgery center equipped with eight operating rooms.
3. Earlier this year, Campbell Clinic was awarded an eight-year retention payment-in-lieu-of-taxes from the Germantown Industrial Development Board.
4. The financing requires Campbell Clinic to retain 280 jobs and create an additional 185 jobs over the next three years.
5. Campbell Clinic originally purchased the land in 1992 with plans to expand in the future. The orthopedic system hired Rendina Healthcare Real Estate to design, develop and construct the new facility.