Salisbury, Md.-based Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates ended its search for a new CEO, selecting David Davies to lead the organization.
Here are five insights:
1. Mr. Davies succeeds Brain Mathias, who served as CEO of POA for the past 10 years.
2. Most recently, Mr. Davies served as State College, Pa.-based University Orthopedics Center’s CEO, a leadership role he entered in 1998.
3. At University Orthopedics Center, Mr. Davies lead efforts to build an integrated multiple-site physical therapy practice as well as two Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care accredited ambulatory surgical facilities.
4. Mr. Davies served as CEO of Mercy Regional Health System in Altoona, Pa. As CEO he oversaw the 182-bed flagship hospital and regional referral facility.
5. POA is a multispeciality orthopedic practice that provides sports medicine, joint replacement and preservation, trauma care as well as biologic services to patients.
“[Mr. Davies] is uniquely qualified to lead our evolving organization into the future,” Pasquale Petrera, MD, president of POA said. “His demonstrated strategic leadership abilities, enthusiasm and prior healthcare experience, in both a large group orthopedic practice and regional health system, make him the perfect fit
for our ongoing commitment to the people of the Delmarva Peninsula.”