Philadelphia-based Rothman Institute and Carlino Commercial Development co-own an office building in Blue Bell, Pa., and began seeing patients at the newly renovated facility yesterday, according to Benzinga.
Here are five things to know:
1. The two groups purchased the building in March 2016 for $4.6 million and invested an additional $6.3 million into the renovations, according to the report.
2. The new facility includes conference space, WiFi lounge, fitness center and food options. Rothman and Carlino added new lobbies to the building, updated windows and skylights as well as landscaping and a more efficient electrical system.
3. Rothman Institute is anchoring the facility and occupies 17,000 square feet. The building also includes a law firm and payments software and service business, with more than half the space still available.
4. Rothman Institute includes locations across Pennsylvania, New Jersey and a recent partnership with Northwell Health in New York. The practice also partners with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and U.S. News & World Report honored the hospital with a No. 4 ranking in the nation for orthopedics in 2017-18.
5. Rothman Institute physicians perform around 13,000 knee and hip replacements each year, and the sports medicine team evaluates around 80,000 sports injuries annually.