A new orthopedic facility may be in the works following discussions between Lawrence (Kan.) Memorial Hospital and Lawrence-based OrthoKansas, according to ljworld.com.
Here are five things to know:
1. The partnership envisions dubbing Lawrence a destination for orthopedic care and sports injury by creating a "regional center of excellence."
2. The orthopedic center would offer hand, shoulder, elbow, foot, ankle, hip and knee reconstruction services, as well as house a sports performance and athletic training program.
3. Although there are talks about LMH acquiring OrthoKansas, OrthoKansas reports an affiliation is more probable.
4. The new orthopedic facility would carry a multi-million dollar price tag, ljworld.com reports.
5. LMH and OrthoKansas reported they anticipate closing a deal by the end of summer 2017.