Orthopedic urgent care franchise OrthoNOW is working with ride-sharing app Uber to enable injured patients to request a ride to the closest OrthoNOW location.
Here are five things to know:
1. OrthoNOW has a mobile app — On My Way NOW — which notifies an OrthoNOW center they are coming and the expected time of arrival. The app can also locate the nearest OrthoNOW center and interface with the center, connect to social media accounts and provide information about treatment.
2. The company recently updated the mobile app to include integration with Uber allowing patients to request an Uber ride through the OrthoNOW app.
3. The mobile app allows patients to create a profile so parents or coaches of young athletes can build a system for rapid decision-making and notification when an injury occurs.
4. The app is available at no cost in the iPhone app store.
5. OrthoNOW began franchising in 2014 and focuses on urgent care for sports medicine and orthopedic injuries on a walk-in basis.