Barrow Neurosurgical Associates appointed John Kinna CEO.
Here are five things to know:
1. Mr. Kinna has more than 27 years of experience in medical group practice leadership and has managed multispecialty groups for freestanding and integrated healthcare delivery systems.
2. Barrow Neurosurgical Associates is the largest physician-owned neurosurgical and spine practice in Arizona. There are 27 surgeons in the practice and three physiatrists that perform more than 8,000 surgeries per year.
3. Mr. Kinna was previously director of provider and institutional provider programs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana before joining BNA. He was also director of the St. Vincent Physician Network, a 165-physicain multispecialty group in Billings, Mont.
4. Beyond his management roles, Mr. Kinna is a member of the Medical Group Management Association and Arizona Medical Group Management Association. He has experience as president and past president of the Montana MGMA.
5. BNA serves more than 40,000 patients per year and directs the neurosurgery residency program at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix.
"While the board considered several good candidates during our nationwide search, John demonstrated the talent, experience and personable approach we believe it needed to accomplish our mission," said Nicholas Theodore, MD, a neurosurgeon at BNA. "He was the clear choice for CEO."