Here are six ways that price transparency can serve as an effective tool for increasing patient engagement, according to a Physicians Practice report. ● Incorporate the discussion of cost as a routine part of patient conversation.
● Check in advance if the patient has insurance coverage or will be paying out of pocket.
● Provide patients with education resources to help them understand imperative insurance concepts.
● Direct patients to cost-estimator tools.
● Inform patients if tests and procedures will not be fully covered by an insurance plan.
● Demonstrate to patients that your costs are within the bounds of what is normally offered in your geographic area.
More Articles on Practice Management:
5 Tips for Hiring Staff Members That Fit With Practice Culture
3 Ways Physician Assistants Can Play a Role in Patient Satisfaction
How Physicians Combat Compassion Fatigue & Restore Empathy