EOS imaging completes record six installations — 7 things to know

Written by Allison Sobczak | December 10, 2015 | Print  |

EOS imaging is expanding to support the momentum of installations in adult and pediatric hospitals in the United States.

Here are seven things to know:

 

1. EOS imaging is the pioneer in 2-D/3-D orthopedic medical imaging.

 

2. Their latest six installations increase the United States installed base to 47, with seven additional platforms shipped and pending installation.

 

3. Centers that focus exclusively on pediatrics make up 60 percent of the current U.S. installed base and include nine of the top 10 pediatric hospitals. The remaining 40 percent are in hospitals focusing on the adult population, including four of the top 10 hospitals for adult orthopedics.

 

4. EOS systems are installed in hospitals of all sizes, including those with 300 beds or less, which currently represent 35 percent of the EOS installations.

 

5. The EOS platform provides 2-D and 3-D full-body, stereo-radiographic images of patients in functional positions. The exams require a radiation dose of 50 percent to 80 percent less than Digital Radiology and 95 percent less than CT scans.

 

6. The new EOS Micro Dose system, recently cleared by the FDA, marks another important step towards the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Available) principle.

 

7. This latest technology has made the dose for a pediatric spine follow-up exam equivalent to a week of natural background radiation on Earth.

 

More articles devices and implants:
AQUACEL Ag SURGICAL Cover Dressing use yields reductions in wound complications, dressing changes for joint replacement surgery patients — 5 key points
Rising osteoarthritis, osteoporosis rates to spur small bone, joint orthopedic devices market — 5 facts
Dr. Warren Yu implants Interventional Spine's Opticage in first US patient: 5 things to know

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2018. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months