ConforMIS received FDA clearance for its iTotal Hip replacement system set to launch in 2019, according to a Zacks report.
Here are five takeaways:
1. The ConforMIS iTotal system uses iFit image-to-implant technology and single-use 3-D printed instruments.
2. This system is designed to overcome dislocation and discrepancies in leg length, which are current challenges and risks of hip replacement surgery.
3. In 2016, approximately 400,000 hip replacements were performed.
4. According to Date Bridge Market Research, the global hip replacement implants market is expected to reach $7.1 billion by 2024.
5. ConforMIS uses iFit image-to-implant technology to develop, manufacture and sell joint replacement implants that are customized to each patient.