Becker's Spine + Orthopedic podcast: Catch up on all episodes here.
1. Big data in healthcare: 3 spine surgeons weigh in Full story
2. Self-referral whistleblower on physician-owned hospital to receive $3M Full story
3. Medicare spending on orthopedic surgery plunged $587M in 2020 Full story
4. Digital transformation + clinical advancement — 3 reports to evolve your practice:
- 97% of medical practices lost money amid the pandemic. Here's how Colorado Pain Care, OrthoTexas and others have responded.
- Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
- Revolutionize sagittal alignments with personalized care — here's how.
5. Dr. Robert Watkins performs back surgery on Milwaukee Bucks player Full story
6. Ohio spine practice settles HIPAA violations, agrees to 2 years of monitoring Full story
7. Mississippi ASC wins advanced spine, orthopedic certification Full story
8. 4 spine, orthopedic surgery 'firsts' in November Full story
9. Nearly 30% of OR time is unused due to inefficient processes. Here's the strategy health systems are leveraging to unlock OR time.
10. Medtronic exec among 2 additions to Paragon 28 board Full story
11. Spine Wave launches 2 spinal fusion devices Full story
12. Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
Becker's is seeking great speakers for the 2022 The Business & Operations of ASCs event. Click here to learn more.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth moves beyond video visits for quick scripts. Learn why patient engagement apps lead to better outcomes + lower costs.
2. Healthcare's digital era has arrived — these 10 must-reads will help hospitals respond.
3. Your membership strategy needs an upgrade. Here's what providers and payers should know about changing consumer expectations.