1. How the spinal tech 'game of musical chairs' will drive the direction of the industry Full story
2. 4 ASC, practice closures in 2022 Full story
3. Former orthopedic surgeon gets 111 months for 2nd healthcare fraud conviction Full story
4. 1 in 5 Americans have a medical bill they can't pay. Discover what orthopedic leaders are doing to offer flexible patient financing options.
5. Johnson & Johnson CEO to be board chair Full story
6. Rothman Orthopaedics, Drexel University ink partnership Full story
7. 'The standard of medicine in this country will continue to decline': 4 leaders on reimbursements Full story
8. Spinal alignment requires a personalized plan. Read three surgeon’s results using a breakthrough personalized device
9. Outpatient and inpatient cervical disc replacements have similar safety profiles, study finds Full story
10. 6 physicians entering C-suite roles Full story
11. Bundled payments pose a challenge, opportunities remain in orthopedics: Dr. Paul Slosar Full story
12. Surgical teams are using AI to optimize workflows, boost efficiency + improve reimbursement. Learn how here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.