1. 6 reasons neuro, spine surgeons should be the only specialists to perform spinal fusion Full story
2. Physician leaders balk at Medicare 4.48% physician fee cut Full story
3. 95% of orthopedic surgeons accept special interest payments within 2 years of joining the field Full story
4. Watch this video for an overview of recent findings on lumbar disc replacement that pinpoint new ways to significantly improve range of motion.
5. 2 orthopedic hospitals facing Medicare readmission penalties Full story
6. NASS' incoming president Dr. John Finkenberg on advocating for patients and mentoring young physicians Full story
7. From Medtronic to Johnson & Johnson: 5 spinoffs this year Full story
8. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
9. SeaSpine sees 45% growth in Q3: 5 notes Full story
10. Spine Associates to add ExcelsiusGPS spine robot Full story
11. 2 recent spine, orthopedic chief medical officer moves Full story
12. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients.
2. Navigating healthcare's workforce crisis — The specific actions leaders from top health systems are taking to increase workforce engagement and retention.
3. Patient-centric care requires more than successful outcomes. Here's what is really needed to move away from provider-centric models.