1. Ohio neurosurgeon facing wrongful death suit Full story
2. Physician pay is increasing in these specialties Full story
3. 'The numbers don't lie': Endoscopy to become more prominent among next generation of spine surgeons Full story
4. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
5. 'Putting profits before patient care': What we heard in October Full story
6. How spine surgery competition is evolving by market: New York, Arizona, California and more Full story
7. Bundled payments pose a challenge, opportunities remain in orthopedics: Dr. Paul Slosar Full story
8. Don't get lost in the details of coding, contracts & compliance. Demystify trends to maximize revenue cycle performance with tips from this expert session.
9. Virginia Spine Institute president heads up opioid research initiative Full story
10. 5 things to know about Hospital for Special Surgery Florida Full story
11. Dr. Van Stamos named Illinois Bone and Joint Institute's chief medical officer Full story
12. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ProMedica is rewriting the playbook on patient experience. See how it and 11,000 other healthcare orgs are continually evaluating the patient journey and making tweaks in real time to keep patients — and staff — happy.
2. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.
3. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients