1. NASS' incoming president Dr. John Finkenberg patient advocation, physician mentorship Full story
2. USPI acquisition pipeline 'strong' despite slower-than-expected growth: 5 earnings call notes Full story
3. Orthopedic surgeons at SSM Health resign, plan to start independent group Full story
4. If you're questioning whether to add spine to your ASCs, we got you covered. Attend panels like "Spine Surgery in ASCs: What to Know as Cases Become More Complex" at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting on Oct. 27-29 in Chicago to understand what it takes. Surgeons, contact Scott Jones at email@example.com to learn how to attend for free.
5. Hoag Orthopedic Institute adds 3 surgeons Full story
6. Dr. Laith Jazrawi on untethering orthopedic surgeons with wireless technology Full story
7. 5 places hiring spine surgeons Full story
8. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
9. 10 power players in spine surgery Full story
10. Bone Biologics, UCLA to begin bone graft substitute trials Full story
11. Medtronic's spinoff, DePuy's new spine platform and more: 5 device company notes Full story
12. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients
2. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
3. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.