1. Medtronic to spin off 2 businesses Full story
2. Ohio physician blocked from federal healthcare programs for 15 years Full story
3. Spine surgeons not doing these 3 things will be left behind Full story
4. If you're questioning whether to add spine to your ASCs, we got you covered. Attend panels like "Spine Surgery in ASCs: What to Know as Cases Become More Complex" at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting on Oct. 27-29 in Chicago to understand what it takes. Surgeons, contact Scott Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to attend for free.
5. Rothman's new Florida office sees up to 100 patients daily Full story
6. Dr. Sigurd Berven joins Aclarion as surgeon adviser Full story
7. Spine devicemaker enrolls 1st patients in sacroiliac joint study Full story
8. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
9. 5 spine practices to know Full story
10. Mayfield Brain & Spine adds neurosurgeon Dr. Robert James Full story
11. Drs. Todd Lanman, Jason Cuellar perform 1st 3-level disc replacement with Prodisc implant Full story
12. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Scan. Design. Deliver. Three simple steps to personalized lumbar fusions. See the process in action on three patients
2. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
3. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.