1. What spine surgeons should be paying attention to: Marketing, prior authorization and more Full story
2. OrthoAlliance inks 5 partnerships, adds 50 physicians since June Full story
3. 'Standing still is not an option for success': Q&A with National Spine & Pain Centers' president Full story
4. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Advent Health is doing it here.
5. 15 states with less than 200 orthopedic surgeons Full story
6. Endoscopy, robotics & more: What 8 spine surgeons want to master Full story
7. How the 'consumerization of healthcare' can improve patients' experience Full story
8. Most-recruited physician specialties for the last 5 years Full story
9. Hospitals are losing money fast with physician contract blunders. Here's the battle-tested, two-pronged strategy your team needs to get ahead of setbacks and drive revenue.
10. Theragen earns 2nd patent in 3 months for spine fusion device Full story
11. Hospital for Special Surgery in Q3: 6 updates Full story
12. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Would former patients recommend your hospital to others? Read about the touchpoints that strengthen that brand experience.
2. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.
3. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.