1. 2 surgeons under 40 on private equity, the future of orthopedics Full story
2. Dr. Sanjay Pratap Singh appointed Allina Health Neuroscience Spine and Pain Institute president Full story
3. 13 most popular medical, non-medical side gigs for physicians Full story
4. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
5. Stryker's robotic spine application, Surgalign's product launch and more: 5 medtech notes Full story
6. NuVasive launches cervical fusion fixation system Full story
7. Biogen pays $900M to settle physician kickback allegations Full story
8. Spinal alignment requires a personalized plan. Read three surgeon’s results using a breakthrough personalized device
9. Nanisx taps former Medtronic sales executive as new CEO to expand ASC spine division Full story
10. 5 outpatient spine updates for ASC leaders Full story
11. ASC leaders ask CMS to pay separately for different levels of spine procedures Full story
12. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Advent Health is doing it here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.
2. Health systems like Intermountain and Northwell are transforming the patient experience. Join them with these 5 steps for accelerating patient experience innovation.
3. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.