1. MSOs will be 'the next big trend' in orthopedics, surgeons say Full story
2. ASC leaders ask CMS to pay separately for different levels of spine procedures Full story
3. East vs. West: Which region pays orthopedic surgeons more Full story
4. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
5. Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic adding multiple locations, physicians Full story
6. Texas Health Fort Worth commended for spine surgery Full story
7. Orthopedic robotics company seeks $40M investment Full story
8. Elite Sports Medicine adds spine surgeon Full story
9. Payers, private equity and even health systems see the value in shifting procedures to ASCs, but are ASCs ready for increased patient acuity? Hear from 3 physician leaders to prepare.
10. 5 spine grants, investments in the last 90 days Full story
11. Congress designates September as National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month Full story
12. Staff shortages + supply disruptions are here to stay, but successful organizations can maintain efficiency. Join this discussion to learn how.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
2. Hospitals are facing a healthcare climate fraught with operational risks, and a one dimensional strategy isn't cutting it. Here are the tools your team needs to stay nimble.
3. It's time for health systems to think outside of the inpatient care model. Meet patients where they're at and reap the benefits of serving high-acuity patients at home.