1. 'Avoid contracts that do not meet your costs': How spine surgeons should approach payer negotiations Full story
2. About 40 Canadian patients treated at Sanford Health since February Full story
3. Physicians urge CMS to ease medical practice burdens Full story
4. ASCs are leaving money on the table with outdated revenue cycle management. Here's an easy-to-apply, 5-step solution.
5. Chicago Blackhawks' Jake McCabe undergoes spine surgery Full story
6. Spine partnership to commercialize cervical disc replacement implant Full story
7. Illinois Bone and Joint Institute adds 5 new physicians Full story
8. Dr. David O'Brien to lead Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist new spine, orthopedic center Full story
9. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
10. OrthoGeorgia: 7 fast facts Full story
11. 9 places hiring spine surgeons Full story
12. There's another option for negative pressure wound therapy that your organization may be overlooking. See what it is here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
2. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
3. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.